Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Can't Wait for Heaven!


So lately I have been reading this book on Heaven, and oh, how it has sparked so much hope in my heart for my eternal life! I have grown up in the church, and for as long as I can remember Heaven was to me an endless church service in a very distant, completely spiritual world. I am learning, that however, the current Heaven may be a spiritual world, our eternal Heaven will be a physical world, on the New Earth! That gives me hope that I don't have to "hurry up" and do all the things I want to do here, before I die, or Christ returns. I will be able to do all the things I was not able to do in this life, for lack of funding, time, knowledge, strength, etc. And so much more! I could write a book on all the things I look forward to doing in Heaven, without fear of harm, or lack of all the above! LOL! I know that for many Christians, this may come as a surprise, because we aren't regularly taught all the things the Bible teaches us about our eternal Heaven, on the New Earth! Did you know there is an actual physical city, (the New Jerusalem), in Heaven right now, waiting for God to bring it down to the New Earth! All so the He may dwell on the New Earth with us! Heaven and Earth will be one! I can't wait, it's so exciting to me! No more thoughts of us just standing around God's throne worshiping and that's the end of all we will ever do! How boring! Surely we will do that, but that's not all we will do! He is a Creator by very nature. If we believe God is infinite, and he gives good gifts, and he delights in our joy, surely you have to believe this!
So, here are just a few things I can't wait to do on the New Earth!
1) Climb mountains!
2) Explore the galaxies!
3) Plant all kinds of fruits and vegetables,... and keep them alive! :)
4) Learn to be a chef!
5) Take care of children!
6) Chat with people from the Bible! (Noah, Moses, Mary, etc.)
7) Watch Jesus' life on earth!
8) Dive into the deep ocean waters, and explore!
9) Learn all about the God of creation!
10) Have the "house" of my dreams! LOL!
 The list could go on,... But, for us believers, there is no reason that these things can't happen! I don't know about you, but my imagination is working overtime these days! God gave me it, I will utilize it!

Revelation 21:1-5
 I saw Heaven and earth new-created. Gone the first Heaven, gone the first earth, gone the sea. I saw Holy Jerusalem, new-created, descending resplendent out of Heaven, as ready for God as a bride for her husband. I heard a voice thunder from the Throne: "Look! Look! God has moved into the neighborhood, making his home with men and women! They're his people, he's their God. He'll wipe every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good—tears gone, crying gone, pain gone—all the first order of things gone." The Enthroned continued, "Look! I'm making everything new.

No comments:

Post a Comment